The Men’s Walk #37 Reunion Gathering will be at Monroe UMC – 206 EAST AVE, MONROE, OH 45050 – at 6pm on Saturday, June 10.
Watch the Women’s Walk #44 Reunion Gathering with 4th Day Testimonies below or with bookmarks to jump to highlights on Youtube by clicking here:
Watch past Gatherings on our YouTube channel by clicking here.
Watch our Monthly Gatherings ONLINE LIVE by clicking HERE.
We have openings for 2023 Board members. Please contact us!
The Northern Lights Emmaus Community meets every month, usually the second Saturday, for food, worship, Holy Communion, and fellowship. This is a great way to introduce your friends to the Emmaus Community as everyone is always welcome to attend a monthly Gathering. No childcare is provided during the service. Please bring a covered dish to share and a 2 liter drink. Wear your name tags! Hope to see you all there.
Northern Lights Emmaus COVID Policy for Gatherings, Candlelight, Walks & Flights
This policy is meant to address the most common objections and questions that community and team members as well as pilgrims may have about how our community is keeping our members safe against the COVID virus. Our community intends to follow guidelines setup by Butler County and the Ohio Dept. of Health and keep our best practices updated as the situation in our county changes. The guidelines we intend to follow at gatherings, team meetings and walks include:
- Making the recommended surgical masks available to anyone who wishes to wear them without mandating or requiring mask wearing.
- Providing bottles of hand sanitizer and making them available throughout the room being used. The use of hand sanitizer is highly recommended but we will not require its regular use.
- The social distancing guidelines recommended by government agencies are woefully outdated (proposed by a German physician in the 1880’s and also in the 1920’s). Six foot distancing is not necessary unless someone has symptoms such as a fever and sneezing or coughing. However, we have grown accustomed to using social distancing and will provide adequate space between members, especially pilgrims during walks.
- If someone is ill with a fever above 99 degrees Fahrenheit, has a bad cough, intestinal symptoms of sickness or is sneezing for any reason except seasonal allergies, they should see their doctor or at least stay home to avoid exposing others to possible infection.
- While we agree with public health officials recommending COVID vaccination, we WILL NOT REQUIRE that team leaders, team members, pilgrims or community members be vaccinated before attending gatherings or walks. While vaccination is a good step toward better COVID immunity for most people, there are exceptions and we strongly feel that vaccination is a personal health choice for each individual. While there are Emmaus communities that require testing before an Emmaus Walk, that is not part of our policy.